Coming to breakfast all over the world people prefer bread or in India it is also called double roti. A double roti is a food or meal for a poor person in India while a posh breakfast for a rich one.
Bread is solution to every question as it can be stored more time that chapati and easily available in market everywhere but if there is some healthy way to consume it then it is always a homemade.
- Whole wheat flour( gehu ka atta used ofr rotis or chapatis) 3 cups
- Water 1 1/4 cups
- Instant yeast 1/3 tablespoon
- Salt 1/3 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Curd 2 tablespoons
- Milk as required (optional)
- Take a bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
- Take small bowl and add instant yeast and sugar ot it, add 1/2 cup of water. Mix well.
- Add the yeast and sugar mixture to the flour and salt mixture.
- Add sugar, ghee or oil or butter and curd to this. Mix everything very well and knead the dough by adding water at times required to make a smooth and soft dough. This should be little sticky.
- Apply water over the dough surface and keep in a separate large bowl so that it can risen well. Cover this with a kitchen towel for 35 minutes.
- Uncover after 35 minutes and knock out the air with hands. Knead again little.
- Make a log of the dough and fold the edges under the inner sides.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or ghee or oil and put the dough log inside it. Cover again and leave for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours to risen again.
- Now score the top of dough log with a blade or sharp knife. Also simultaneously preheat the oven at 220 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 220 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes by covering with aluminium paper after it becomes brown from the top.
- Once the bread has formed a crisp golden crust. Transfer it to a wire rack and allow to cool at room temperature.
- If it is fully bake and you tip the base of the bread then it makes a hollow sound.
- Do the slicing. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days and for a week in the fridge.