Pickle is the best complimentary part of Indian cuisines, and when it comes to punjabi and rajasthani pickles there is no match.
So lets make this rajasthani pickle which is a great source of goodness too as kair is very beneficial when it comes to lots of diseases and ailments too.Kair is very beneficial in diabetes, joint pains, immunity, cholestrol,etc.
This is hot in taseer, normally pickles are considered as hot due to their masala contents but kair is itself so hot in taseer.
- Kair 250 gram
- Mustard oil or sarso ka tel one cup
- Red chilli powder one tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds or Methi dana one tablespoon
- Fennel or Saunf crushed one tablespoon
- Rai or mustard seeds 1 tablespoon
- Amchur 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- You need to start one day earlier, the night before soak kair in salt water for 6 hours atleast.
- Next day remove water from kair and let them dry over a dry cotton cloth.
- After kair is moisture free(important) heat a heavy bottom kadhai and put mustard oil in it.
- Heat oil for three minutes or atleast when smoke will come out of it.
- Now put the oil aside to get cool down, menawhile take another kadhai and dry roast fenugreek, rai and saunf.
- In the next step the choice is yours either you can blend the roasted fenugreek, fennel and mustard seeds to a mixture or keep them like that.
- Mix all the roasted and unroasted spices. Add kair to them.
- Atlast add oil to them and stir them for sometime to get mixed well.
- In the beggining you will think it is not getting mixed properly but after sometime it will get mixed properly.
- Fill the achar in a dry glass container so that it will not moistened and rot.
- If placed in fridge it will long last for a year too.